- Get ASA certified with private sailing instruction in a Caribbean Paradise: the British Virgin Islands.
- Be the guest of owner-operator David Blacklock, a superb Captain/ASA Instructor/Cook, on his personal yacht: 43' Beneteau "Golden Crown".
- New Zealand-born David holds a U.S. Merchant Marine Master's license, as well as ASA Instructor's certification and PADI Diving qualifications. David is not only a licensed captain, he has worked in some of the finest 4-star kitchens in New York, London and Sydney. He prepares breakfasts, lunches, 5 dinners per week and he does the dishes! This frees all of your time for learning and enjoying the magnificent BVI.
GUEST ACCOMMODATIONS in 2 Private Cabins + Salon
- Private charters for your group of up to 4 guests.
- Private forward guest cabin with double bed and private ensuite bath. The bed is 6' 7" long, 7' 3" wide at head and 2'
wide at feet. Large hatch overhead for excellent ventilation, and a nice view of the stars at night. A Breeze Booster increases
the air flow.
- Private aft guest cabin with large double bed and ensuite bath. The aft cabin allows students to sit in the cockpit beneath the stars at night and converse normally whilst affording the occupants of the forward cabin their peace and quiet.
- Breeze Boosters ensure plenty of air flow.
- Common salon double bed to port, 7' long x 4' 2" wide.
- Common salon single bed to starboard, 82" long by 24" wide.
- Guests in the salon have a direct door to the large aft bathroom.
- David can sleep in the salon or a cabin as the guests prefer.
David gets rave reviews every week! He is a superb instructor and a great guy, who knows the islands the way you know your own neighborhood. He will guide you safely and enjoyably from one beautiful anchorage to the next, all the while teaching you the essentials of the cruising lifestyle.
- 10 year Caribbean resident, charter captain, and instructor
- ASA 101-103-104-105-106
- Originally from New Zealand, now a year-round Caribbean resident
- Non-smoker, light drinking optional
- This high performance, very responsive yacht is ideal for learning. Designed by the most admired naval architect of modern times, German Frers, Golden Crown has a custom rudder which is 8" deeper than original for minimal weather helm, a conventional non-winged keel, and North Sails.
- Adult snorkel equipment.
in each cabin.
- Large salon box fan cools quickly and removes galley heat.
Color chart plotter.
- The traditional stern is quiet at anchor.
inverter provides AC jacks to recharge cameras, laptops, etc.
- The cockpit
table and salon table each seat 5 for meals.
- Oversize bimini top for cockpit
- Dodger (windshield) connects to bimini for excellent weather and wind protection, or remove it to allow the warm breeze to flow.
- Onboard Internet access in every part of the BVI.
- 2011: New 135 percent genoa sail and solar panel
- 2009: New mainsail, Yanmar 54hp engine, and all new varnish throughout.